Unifor Local 2000 is pleased to announce we’ve reached a new collective agreement at Marine Printers.
On Friday, July 6, members voted in favour of ratifying the tentative deal, effective June 30, 2018.
- Three-year term from June 30, 2018, to July 1, 2021
- Six per cent wage increase over three (broken down as a two per cent increase in each of the three years)
- $500 signing bonus
- Three paid sick days per year (new!)
- Separation of pre-press and digital press into two different departments
- No-layoff guarantee for members in the pre-press department
- Temporary language on vacation scheduling
- Rejection of an employer proposal to lower the rate for casual help
Thank you to Moji Ramin for serving on the bargaining committee. Next, we will update the original contract and print copies for both parties to sign before distributing to members.
Secretary-treasurer, Unifor Local 2000