NOTE: This is a unionized position.
The Tri-City News has an immediate full-time, permanent opening for an experienced multimedia journalist.
Reporting to the editor, the successful candidate will provide top-quality work on a range of news and feature stories covering a variety of beats and topics.
As part of a newsroom team that comprises an editor and four multimedia journalists, the successful candidate will write stories, take photos and shoot video for both print and web, and will engage readers through social media.
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to
- Produce compelling, well-researched and sharply written stories to deadline;
- Cover and turn around breaking news stories quickly for the web;
- Generate story ideas on a consistent basis;
- Shoot and edit photos and video;
- Lay out attractive pages for print using Adobe InDesign; and
- Be comfortable doing interviews and taking photos in all settings.
This position is for 37.5 hours a week and may include evening and weekend work. Candidates must have a vehicle and a valid driver’s licence.
The Tri-City News publishes in print twice a week — and online 24/7 — serving a community of more than 200,000 people in Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Anmore and Belcarra, British Columbia. We offer a positive working environment with a competitive remuneration plan coupled with a strong benefits package.
Closing date for applications: Monday, March 27, 2017.
If you’re interested, please send your cover letter, resume and samples of your work to:
Richard Dal Monte, Editor